DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am years old. I have an enlarged prostate, BPH as far as

I am 69 years old. I have an enlarged prostate, BPH as far as my doctors know. I have not had a biopsy and am fearful about it as 2 friends have had had sepsis as a consequence. I have had MRI confirming hypertrophy without evidence of cancer. Prostate volume 120 ml.
JA: The Urologist can help. To begin, is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: chronic and my symptoms are not severe. However, they are progressing slowly. I get up 1 to 2 times per night.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Urologist should know?
Customer: I have hypertension, controlled by Amlodipine 5mg and Ramipril 10mg. I monitor daily and it is usually 130/75, occasionally varying higher and lower, but never above 150/90.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So your main fear is a prostate cancer on biopsy ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't have a fear of cancer. I don't want an old-fashioned biopsy as I regard the risk as unacceptable in this modern age. There are newer forms of biopsy that are preferable. BPH is common in my family (father, uncles, cousins). My brother has had prostate cancer and I believe that my local consultants will insist on a biopsy for that reason. He was discharged as free of cancer five years ago and is age 75. I am still sexually active and would like Rezum therapy if it is available given my large prostate, and of course assuming that I am cancer free.

Have you been to the Urologist ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
but all NHS Clinics are suspended until my locality so I’m thinking of private treatment

Thanks for the details

I think you can be a candidate for REZUM treatment

That can be pretty effective

But it is not widely available

So you may need to search for a private set up who can do it for you

Regarding prostate biopsy the complication rate is 10% and most of these are not serious complications

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating