Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have a problem 2 weeks ago my vaginal is burning and itch.

Hi. I have a problem 2 weeks ago my vaginal is burning and itch. I tryed the canesten tablets and cream but not helped. Now I have a pain in my tummy. Nobody dont helped. I tryed to call my gp but the phone not answered. Im worked in a Hospital in Hungary I'm a nurse.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: 1.5 weeks ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I use bromocriptin tablet. I have a high prolactin level. And sometimes I have low iron level because my period is very strong

What is your age?

Do you have vaginal discharge? If yes, what are the color and smell?

Are you exposed to unsafe sex?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm 42. My vaginal is Red and sensitive. No smell and the color is light yellow.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i use condom with my husband. 22 years ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You may seek a prescription of fluconazole 150 mg every other day for 3 doses, followed by weekly fluconazole 150-200 mg for 6 months. This regimen abates the symptoms and prevents further recurrence in the majority of women.

Boric acid wash for the vagina can be used in resistant cases, as an alternative measure with the consultation of your physician. A specific culture; Nickerson or Sabouraud mediums should be performed in refractory or recurrent cases of vaginal candidiasis to confirm the infection. So you can talk to your doctor to get this culture before you start the treatment.

Women who do not improve with the above can use clotrimazole 500 mg vaginal suppositories administered once per week for six months which is also effective.

Also, avoid (if you do) following;

1) panty liners,

2) pantyhose,

3) sexual lubricants

The following would help you:

4) You can help restore the normal bowel flora by eating live bacterial culture yogurt every day for a few weeks and take acidophilus tablets three times a day for one month.

5) Do not use tampons until the end of the treatment.

6) Wear loose, all-cotton underwear as they absorb body moisture.

7) Wipe front to back when you urinate or have a bowel movement. Bowel bacteria can infect the vagina.

8) Do not shave the vulvar area as the pubic hair protects against chemicals making contact with the skin.

9) Avoid all chemicals in the Vulvovaginal area.

10) Avoid pantyhose and tight pants such as jeans which trap moisture near in the perineum

11) After exercise or any sweat-producing activity, bathing or swimming, make sure the perineum is air-dried., Moist surfaces that rub against each other break down and provide an area for yeast secondary growth,

12) Follow a low carbohydrate diet. Take steroids, antibiotics, and oral contraceptives only if very necessary.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,