Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I thought i had thrush but it hasnt gone away after

I thought i had thrush but it hasnt gone away after treatment
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about thrush?
Customer: I have lumpy discharge which smells a little bit, i did have itching but its not as much anymore
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Yeah i used Canesten Thrush Combi
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: Ive had BV many times before

Thanks for your query. Thrush does not have a smell to it so this sounds more like BV.

You can do over the counter BV test, and also try balanc activ gels or pessaries to tret BV

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But BV doesn't cause itchiness?

Yes it does

But some people have both BV and thrush together, its possible you've treated the thrush but not the BV

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oooooh okay!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Why do i always get BV after sex?

The semen or sex fluids affects the pH of your vagina most likely, encouraging growth of bacteria

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay, and is there something wrong with my vagina then because it feels too common for me

Imbalance of pH of your vagina, so avoid bubble baths, douching, and use the balanc activ to try and rebalance the pH levels

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you very much

No worries, thanks for the feedback ratings