Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

Basically I am trying for a baby for about 1 & half year now

Hi, so basically I am trying for a baby for about 1 & half year now & my period was due on 27th June since that night I have had light bleeding it’s brown/ dark red in colour yesterday it was a pinky/red colour. I don’t have any period cramps which I usually do & this isn’t heavy enough for a period & hasn’t ever happened me before? I still have this bleeding now so this would be my third day with it. I have very mild cramping and wondering would you know what this is? I am on day 35 of my cycle & my cycle usually ranges from 30 - 35 days. Thanks
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I am not in any pain only have mild cramping (not period cramps) my periods are every 30-35 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Did you ever get an evaluation for why you are not able to conceive?
Do you have regular periods normally?
Did you ever conceive?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi I have got my blood taking a few months back to check my hormone levels and all was perfect I also went for a transvaginal ultrasound & all was also normal. I never followed up anymore about this, my periods are regular they are every 30-35 days and I have never conceived before.
Ok,were you active this time during your fertile period?
Any nausea, mood swings ,breast tenderness?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I was sexually active around my ovulation time. I don’t have any of those symptoms I just feel emotional which I usually do around this time of my cycle. I’m unsure if this is my period or not but this has never happened me any other month that’s why I am kind of concerned.
Ok.If the period feels different to you in any way,I would recommend to take a pregnancy test. The light bleeding can be a sign of ealry pregnancy.
If it is not pregnancy, it can just be a minor hormonal imbalance. It is not uncommon for women to experience hormonal imbalance once in a while in their life because of day to day stress,dietary or weight changes. Some new medication or supplements.
may also cause hormonal imbalance.
But this is usually temporary!
Let me know if you have any questions please!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If it is bleeding in early pregnancy is that anything I should be worried about?.. also if this is due to hormonal imbalance should I expect to get my period this month??
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
while I have this light bleeding will a pregnancy test still be accurate?
If this is your pregnancy, it is normal because at this time you may experience light bleeding or spotting called implantation bleeding.
If it is hormonal imbalance,this is your period, because with hormonal imbalance you can get much lighter periods or even just spotting, you will not get yout regular period this cycle..
Since you have longer cycles, I would recommend to wait for a couple of days and them take the test.
I hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If my answer was helpful please CLICK the stars on the top of this page to RATE my answer.
This is the only way I get COMPENSATED.
I appreciate it.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is it not to late in my cycle to have implantation bleeding? I’m just concerned if this isn’t my period as this is my third day bleeding now.. how long can this go on for? Thanks
You can get implantation bleeding at about the same time as you get your periods. If it is implantation it should not last longer than 3 days.If it continues for 5 to 6 days it is less likely an implantation bleeding, this is probably your period but lighter due to hormonal imbalance.
Please don't forget to RATE my answer.
I will not be compensated until you rate my answer!!