DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been diagnosed with an ear infection, I have drops

I have been diagnosed with an ear infection, I have drops and antibiotics. There have been situations now where i have a very sudden and intense paid in my ear. It feels like the whole inside has swelled up. It also goes down my face and I struggle to bite down. After about minutes the pain gets better and feels less swollen. Both times this has happened when i have had a few sips of beer. I dont though if this is a coincidence?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, have you used drops or anything similar before?
Customer: No, only since i was prescribed them. Last week i used some ear wax removal drops as i thought it was a build up of wax
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the swelling?
Customer: ive seen a doctor about the infection. I havent spoken to them since the swelling happened last night. As it eased off and was better today, but the same thing has just happdneed
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no, i dont think so. Thanks

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you still on antibiotic ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i only started them yesterday. I was just worried because it came on so suddenly yesterday and again today

Thanks for the details

This pain is due to the infection in the ear

The infection can affect the local nerve and that can give rise to a severe pain

It will get better once the infection start to settle

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, thank you very much for your help

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating