DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a persistent red scaly rash on my elbows, knees,

Hi, I have a persistent red scaly rash on my elbows, knees, lower legs and feet. It started in January, it was over my arms and my lower back to start with. Nothing makes it go away, please can you help me?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Since January Nothing makes it better, I've tried salt baths, oat creams, aloe vera, cut out alcohol, I exercise daily, I'm not over weight.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I tore a disc in my spine in January, just before my rash started, I was in alot of pain and off work for a month. I took codeine and diazepam but only for 3 days, I then was under an Oesteopath. It's so much better now, just stiff in the morning

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please share a picture for review

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (P6423ZL)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (ML4SL1G)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No I'm fine talking like this but thank you

Thanks for sharing

Is this painful or itchy as well?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No not painful or itchy

Thanks for the details

It seems like a rash of psoriasis

Although usually it is itchy

I think you should applt=y 1% Hydrocortisone over it along with a emollient like Vaseline

In case if this does not get better in a couple of weeks then you will need to see the Dermatologist for evaluation

In case it does not get better you may need a biopsy of the skin to confirm diagnosis

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok Dr, thank you very much for your help.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating