Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I’ve noticed tonight that my at rest bpm is over 100 and

Hi I’ve noticed tonight that my at rest bpm is over 100 and seems to be around 109 to 120 which is very high. I’m unsure what has caused this as although I have exercised today it was over 2 hours ago. I test my bpm quite a lot and this morning my rest bpm was 62 beats per minute. Is this something I should worry about as I’ve searched online and I keep seeing things such as heart failure. I’m 20 years old and I don’t have a history or family history of cardiac issues. Thanks

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Ok thanks

I understand your concern. How did you check your heart rate? Fitness watch?

Do you have any symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have a fitness watch. I don’t have any symptoms like shortness of breathe or chest pain or anything that could point to to it no

Can you please check your heart rate manually?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I will do

Alright. Waiting.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have roughly 84 now by feeling by hand. And apparently to my watch that is saying 93

If you don't have any symptoms then I wouldn't be worried at all. Heart rate is a dynamic function of heart and is affected by hormones, diet, activity, thoughts, stress and many other things. You are not having heart failure. Just relax. You're gona be alright.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Ok that’s great thank you. It’s mostly likely stress that’s causing it to go up because I’m thinking about it to much. Out of curiosity how common is heart failure in a 20 year old. Thanks

Extremely uncommon.

You're most welcome.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied. You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page. Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Ok thankyou for all your help. I will give you a good rating

I'm grateful. Stay well.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you. You too