Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

After lunch today I felt something odd in my mouth looked in

After lunch today I felt something odd in my mouth looked in and saw this white spot at the top of my paraglossal fold. It randomly vanished and then reappeared. It’s quite sore and irritated.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It looks like an aphthous ulcer and it has a tendency of recurrence. It is self-limiting and settles within a week. chlorhexidine and saltwater rinses would help.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave the website/app.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
You don’t think it’s a mucus retention cyst?

Thanks for the reply.

It is less likely, as usually they are not sore.

Do you have further questions.