Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I'm based in Ireland, I suffer with pain in right shoulder.

I'm based in Ireland, I suffer with pain in right shoulder. I had a car accident last year but when I went to hospital they never xrayed it.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: On and off for a year. Exercise or weight makes it worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Better if I don't do much or take pain relief

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The likely cause of your symptoms can be a muscular sprain. You might have got some tear as well and it's likely that it still keeps getting worse in between. You should ideally take over the counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 to 7 days regularly, massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks and apply heating pads to the area twice daily for 2 weeks. If symptoms persist or keep happening, again and again, you should get physical therapy but I reassure you that this is not a missed fracture so please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you give referral letters for an xray
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your response

No, we can't give referrals but in my opinion, X-ray will not reveal anything. If your symptoms persist after my suggestions then you will need MRI rather than X rays as your soft tissues need to be assessed. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, use a browser. Regards

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You are most welcome. Please remember to click the 5 stars on this page to appreciate the assistance provided so far. If you are on a mobile, use a browser, or open your email to see the rating area. Regards