Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

K

Hi dr.K
Hello do you have a question?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi my blood test showed my ferritin was slightly high but the doctors are not concerned at all anyway I can lower them?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. There are many causes for high ferritin. You cant fix it if you don’t know the cause. If the doctors are not concerned , I imagine its only minimally high and doesnt require any further investigation
Hemochromatosis
Porphyria — A group of disorders caused by an enzyme deficiency that affects your nervous system and skin
Rheumatoid arthritis or another chronic inflammatory disorder
Liver disease
Hyperthyroidism
Leukemia
Hodgkin's lymphoma
Multiple blood transfusions
Alcohol abuse
Taking too many iron supplementsPlease reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
it was only slightly high like 9 over.. what do I do? I’m confused I don’t want it to get worse
You shouldn’t do anything. It would help to trust your Dr. It doesnt require any treatment. Avoid any vitamins that contain iron. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry 1 more thing say if I didn’t have any of the things you mentioned is there anything that can only slightly raise it? Like bleeding gums or something
No. Its most likely normal.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What would you do if you had a patient that was slightly over with ferritin?
Nothing. Repeat the bloodwork in about six months.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Also 1 more thing thank you for your help how does fibre help with inflammation?
Fiber doesnt do anything for inflammation. Its for constipation.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ah ok was told it helps with crp and inflammation
Not at all.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My triglycerides was also really high but I didn’t really fast only for 5 hours should I wait another few months then do it again?
Fasting for 12 hours is required. The test isnt valid you you are not fasting. But if you are obese and have fatty liver, I’m assuming your TG are high.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi I had a liver blood test and it came back perfect i just had high cholesterol 5.9 and triglycerides 14.0 but I didn’t fast that long and on the same day I had a glass of whisky
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Shall I wait another couple of months
3 months