Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have just passed a thick large piece of tissue and I am

I have just passed a thick large piece of tissue and I am scared it may be a miscarriage
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, how old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: 21. I was not aware of a pregnancy as I have irregular periods but I have been spotting for the last couple days and have now passed a large bloody piece of tissue very different to a regular clot
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discolouration, or unusual smells?
Customer: I have not had a smear test. Nothing unusual but about a month ago I experienced a huge glob of clear jelly passing out of my vagina which I had never experienced before
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: No
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. What was the first day of your last period? Have you done a pregnancy test at home. If not, please do one
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My last period was over a month ago but they are irregular. I haven’t done one and won’t have access to a store for a few days
You need to do a home pregnancy test. Theres no way to know what is happening without one.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay if I do one in a couple days could that still show a positive result? Is this something you could expect to see with a miscarriage at 4 weeks?
it would be expected for a miscarriage and the test will still be positive in a few days. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.