sofia khan
sofia khan,
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

I have had strange abdominal movements for a time now but

I have had strange abdominal movements for a long time now but I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy or something else, I have not missed a period but have got friends who have been pregnant and had still had periods so I’m still not sure
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No, my cycle is pretty normal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My math works out that by now I would be 25 weeks ish also so would I have gained weight by now

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

My first question would be if you are worried about pregnancy, have you done a pregnancy test recently?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would, I took one a few weeks ago which was fine but after ten minutes shower a very very faint line and the I took another two that were cheap and were negative
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
showed* I mean sorrt
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry

usually the pregnancy testing strips are quite accurate. They show positive results even at 4 weeks. They are highly reliable. If you think you might be 25 weeks, by this time any of the strips would show a positive result. If you are having a regular cycle as well, its unlikely to be a pregnancy!

I understand some females do bleed throughout the pregnancy but it is different, they may spot or bleed slightly irregularly for various reasons.

I believe you should look into other causes for your symptoms such as increased gut motility, peristalsis or dyspepsia. do you get a lot of heart burn? acid reflux? do you feel bloated most of the time?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay great thank you
I don’t suffer from heart burn or acid reflux but have recently been very bloated

I see!

you should try taking some peppermint oil capsules, which are available OTC. take them regularly for some time. also, look into your diet. Some people get bloated with eating high fibre and carbohydrates rich diet. If you smoke, then consider quitting it. All these little measures would help.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much

you are welcome.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are happy with the response, Can you please rate this consultation for me, as otherwise we do not get paid for our work.

This does not mean that your query gets closed after that. You can come back as many times as you like through the thread and ask me further questions regarding this problem.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr Khan