sofia khan
sofia khan,
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

I need a Dermtologist to examine a rash I have had for the

I need a Dermtologist to examine a rash I have had for the past 3 weeks now. I can upload pictures to show it.
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: about 3 weeks ago
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

please upload the pictures of the rash.

also give me a brief history of the rash, your symptoms, how did it start? and what have you tried so far and I'll get back to you after that.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I am attaching some pictures of my rash so you can look at it. It has appeared around my anal area.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have tried sudo creme, neem oil, turmeric, baby powder...it seems like it starts to get better but then comes back...it can get be quite itchy sometimes too but I avoid scratching it. In general it is a mild nuisance. It is not painful generally...but can sting sometimes. The skim has also split and bled slightly at different times.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It has lasted for 3 weeks now. It seemed to start from just standard washing of that area...I am India right now, so environment is humid.

Right!

I had a look and there are two possibilities:

1. common things first: in this area you get a lot of sweating, particularly if you are living in warm weather. This is likely to be a fungal infection. Try using c combination of miconazole 1% and hydrocortisone 1% cream twice daily for 7 to 10 days. This usually comes by the name of daktacorte.

2. the other possibility is staph dermatitis but that is not as common and appears much worse and painful.

i would suggest you try this cream first and get back to me here in 7 days if you have further questions or if this is not improving.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are happy with the response, Can you please rate this consultation for me, as otherwise we do not get paid for our work.

This does not mean that your query gets closed after that. You can come back as many times as you like through the thread and ask me further questions regarding this problem.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr Khan

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok sure will rate you no problem...just wondering can this cream be purchase over the counter ?

Yes it is available OTC. ask your pharmacist to further help you with that.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you.