Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have fairly severe pins and needles with intermittent

I have fairly severe pins and needles with intermittent numbness in my left arm and sometimes right. Worse at night but increasingly bad during the day .please can youbadvise how to manage this condition if not cure it.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about condition?
Customer: as above, thanks.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: glucosamine for years until recently. Cod liver oil & currently trying CBD oli.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Neck and shoulder stiffness?

Prolonged hours of computer/ mobile use/ writing?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Can you raise your arms above the shoulders without pain?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
age: 73, female. No particular neck stiffness, some shoulder. no prolonged tech use, some writing and art making. left shoulder a bit painful sometimes when lifting.

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, the possible causes may include Cervical Spondylosis, Frozer shoulder, nerve compression resulting in such symptoms.

You should do gentle neck, shoulders, arms stretching.

Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on the affected areas.

Consider physical therapy.

Start multivitamin containing B 12.

See a neurologist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. i already do pilates weekly so know about stretching. Would frozen shoulder and nerve compression apply to my right arm also suffering sometimes? what is cervical spondylosis?

Cervical spondylosis is a general term for age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disks in your neck resulting in pain, numbness, tingling sensation in neck shoulders, arms, hands, fingers.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much for your swift advice.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil