DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

About 6 weeks ago when moving house, I think I may have

Hi there, about 6 weeks ago when moving house, I think I may have twisted my knee slightly. It wasn't major pain but I felt sore a few days after when walking and then quite a bit after doing some jump squats about a week later. It now tends to hurt when I deeply bend my knee and I feel it underneath on the inside. I can still run with no pain but a simple lunge or side step can twist it and make it tinge. I was ok with it at first assuming it would naturally recover but now it's been 6 weeks, I'm a bit worried.
JA: The Orthopedic Surgeon can help. To begin, what seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling and some exercises seem to make it worse or sitting cross-legged for a while. It doesn't hurt or I can't feel it when walking
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Orthopedic Surgeon should know?
Customer: No I am healthy and active otherwise

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you?

Any swelling in the knee?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm 34 and no there is no swelling

Thanks for the details

I think you need to use an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen and have physiotherapy for a couple of weeks

This can be a soft tissue sprain like a bruised tendon or muscle

Only if it does not get better after this treatment then you will need an imaging including an X-ray and MRI scan

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Any other question ?

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you. So my main other question is, can I do knee-friendly workouts (no squats and lunges) and still run if it's not hurting it?

Yes you can but avoid putting too much strain on the knee

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can do home physiotherapy to strengthen things up but I don't really like taking painkillers so I might just rest it more

You can apply topical anti-inflammatory like Voltaren gel as well