Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Dr Sumanth, are you there?

Dr Sumanth, are you there?
please.
Thank you for requesting me here.
Please mention your health query.
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
Hello again. I am worried about spotting.
I have now had it for 9 days. Not all day long. Often with a bowel movement, but also sometime just when I wake up and then nothing for the rest of the day.
There is also a rough patch on the side of the os, which I don't think was there a few weeks ago. It bleeds when touched.I am worrie about cervical cancer as I read spotting is a symptom, as well as back pain, which I have had for a while intermittently. Also abdominal pain near the appendix, which we decided was a muscle strain in me. It also said heavy periods, and I did mention to you that my period seems to come all at once with heavy bleeding and clots for half a day and then not much for a few more days.I am trying not to panic and wanted to check if I am right to reassure myself as follows:1. The back and abdominal pain are muscular.
2. The spotting is likely to be the erosion, which I have had for years.
3. The rough patch may just be more of the erosion - would you even be able to feel cancer??
4. Cervical cancer takes 10-20 years to develop and so a PAP would pick up early changes - correct?
5. Cervical cancer only causes bleeding in later stages (correct?) so it is not possible for this to be cancer if I had a clear PAP in March 2018 and March 2015 and in all the other PAPs I had in previous years - no HPV.
6. I am 44 so all of this - the spotting and the heavy stage of my period - is more likely hormonal.
When was your last pap smear and was it normal?
Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
2.5 years ago. Normal. Always has been normal.
We generally recommend repeating Pap testing every three years for women ages 21 to 65.Women age 30 and older can consider Pap testing every five years if the procedure is combined with testing for HPV. Or they might consider HPV testing instead of the Pap test.As everything is normal, I feel that you can wait for 4 weeks to see if the symptoms are subsiding.I agree with your logic from points 1 to 6.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
the rough patch i can feel is not worrying?
As it has been already 2 and half years and only six months is remaining you can request your gynecologist for repeat pap smear and HPV test.
Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
But should I be worried?
I would not say you should be worried but I would commit that you require evaluation.If this same pap smear had been done six months back I would not even recommend that.
Hope you understand my logic.
Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
But all my Paps have been normal for 25 years and no HPV.
Even if there is no HPV and all your previous pap smears had been normal as it is bleeding on touch and it is due for a pap smear I am recommending one.
Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
But I have had this symptom before due to my erosion
Could be.
I am not telling that it is cervical cancer. Please do understand that I am just suggesting you to wait for 4 weeks.
If it's still persistent then you may require evaluation.
Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
Okay. Thank you.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani