Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have Parkinson’s disease and one the ailments is excessive

I have Parkinson’s disease and one the ailments is excessive saliva which causes dribbling. It’s not only a nuisance it’s also embarrassing.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had Parkinson's? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Sorry. With having slight tremor I didn’t finish m y question. Is there any medication to help sopping this dribbling ?
JA: The doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the tremor?
Customer: i haven’t seen my Neurologist in a year ,but it’s dribbling I want sorting . The Madopar will take care of tremor
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience. ​

Dribbling of saliva is a common and unwelcome manifestation of Parkinson's, but it can be managed well.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age?

How long have you been diagnosed with Parkison's?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
DOB 04-12-1940 been diagnosed 4years

Ok, I have your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’ve just put my card information into the system

Ok, I can make a call, but it shows here 'payment failure'

You can retry your payment, or use a different card.

hello, your call is not going through because of payment failure.

Let it be, I will help you through chat.

I will now give you my answer

Dribbling of saliva is a common problem in Parkinson's disease.

There are a number of steps that you can take for this.

The first thing is to ask for a referral to a speech therapist, they can determine whether you have a swallowing problem.

There are also a number of medicines that your doctor can prescribe for you:

Anti cholinergic drugs - this can reduce the saliva produced by your salivary glands.

Scopalamine patch - this also works by reducing saliva production

Eye atropine drops - this can be used sublingually to decrease saliva production

Botulinum toxin - botox injections can also be used for this.

Discuss allt his with your doctor, your doctor can solve your problem with these steps.

Meanwhile some steps that you can start on your own from now are:

Such at hard candy - this will promote swallowing and keep your throat moist.

Wear a sweat band on your wrist - you can use this to wipe off saliva discreetly.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’ve put card details into system It’s a new card debit Visa

Ok, but the system still shows payment failure

I have given you my answer on chat itself through text.

Please go through it.

Are you satisfied? do you have any more questions?

I am just checking up on you. Did my answer help you? Do you have any other queries?
Please remember to rate my service with 5 stars from the rating bar of stars at the top or bottom of your chatbox if you have been helped by my answer..

Without a positive rating, this session remains inconclusive.

Of course, you can continue asking as many questions as you like after the rating also.

Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you doc I’m very satisfied

Glad to be of help.

Take care - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

If my answer has helped you, please choose a positive rating with 5 stars from the rating bar of stars at the corner of your chat box. We are paid only when a positive rating is given. If you dont find the rating system, go back to your email and then come back here through the link.

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Look doc your system will not except my Visa card It would help if you had a Palpal Account

Ok I will refer your question to customer service

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What’s the point I’m talking to a robot

Ok I have referred your thread to customer service. They will contact you soon

Have a great day!