Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I broke my jaw 2 years ago now and did not have any

Hi there I broke my jaw 2 years ago now and did not have any treatment I can eat fine talk fine and breath fine.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It's just slightly tighter on the right side of my face but no issues apart from that. I'm scared of hospitals to be quite honest so if it's something that can be lived with?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Nothing else I'm fine like I say this happened over 2 years ago now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No that's all I'm 33 fit and healthy 😊

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us this evening, sorry if you have been waiting

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No problem doc

Thank you for your information, if you had a fractured jaw with no treatment the first thing is you would require an xray to assess that the fracture site has healed/united. If this is the case, then physiotherapy is what you will require. If this hasn't then you would need to see a maxillofacial surgeon

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh Doctor Ruff that's good news all my teeth seem to be joining up correctly. I have no pain what so ever with it Doc, apart from slightly tighter.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I shall call my doctor tomorrow so he can, take a look and refer me for an xray.
It happened in July 2018 only thing I do notice is a clicking noise when eating sometimes. Apart from that just being paranoid and wanted confirmation that I can live with it ������.

It sounds like it is just TMJ dysfunction, but get the xray to be certain. As you say, if your teeth are aligned, will them seeing you result in a different outcome other than requesting an xray. Ask them to see if they will deal with this over the phone for you

Hope this helps, please could you kindly rate my response using the stars, this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response, thank you and take care

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
All done Dr Ruff 5* Thanks Again. Take Care

Thank you, ***** *****