Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Chances of heart attack or heart diasease with many healthy

Chances of heart attack or heart diasease with many healthy ECGs chest x ray and heart related blood tests

The chance of heart attack would be zero with all of these investigations being normal.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Im scared of excercise as well as people have sudden cardiac arrest

I can understand; anxiety may play on the mind. You may start the exercises with just 5 minutes of work out. And gradually increase it every weak. That is the way to overcome the health anxiety and regain your confidence.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Theres my ecg

This is absolutely normal.

The best way to deal with anxiety and panic is a comprehensive approach. It can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there are internet based approaches nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

11) Deep breathing exercises.

A major component of therapy involves understanding and assuring yourself that the symptoms are neither from a serious medical condition nor from a mental deficiency but rather from a chemical imbalance in the fight or flight response.

CBT helps to understand how automatic thoughts and false beliefs/distortions lead to exaggerated emotional responses, such as anxiety and panic, and how they can lead to secondary behavioral consequences.

Cognitive restructuring involves substituting positive thoughts and getting rid of negative thoughts. Some studies have suggested that high importance to religion and religious practices also improve anxiety/panic symptoms and prevent recurrences.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question) to give credit for the time. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Just heart attacks scare me so much
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
But have been told by doctors im more likely to win the lottery than have a heart attack

Yes, that is the right way to put it!

You have to work on your anxiety and I am sure you would overcome it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Im on sertraline and apparently that increases your risk of heart atrack

I would not worry about it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Do u think they would have found an underlying heart issue now

Sure, they would.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
They wont do me an echo though, doctors have all said no need, as others actually need that device