Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I think I got heatstroke on Friday midday, so I drank lots

I think I got heatstroke on Friday midday, so I drank lots and stated to feel better. Then in the evening I was shaking and my breathing was fast with a bad headache. I’d taken paracetamol and kept drinking, but I couldn’t bring myself to eat. Felt really sick and was sick on Saturday still with a bad head. Woke up this morning and don’t feel any better and anything is making me feel ill. What is best to do? Thanks
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: yeah the headache will come back if I don’t take paracetamol. And I started being sick yesterday afternoon twice and fell like I will today
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had heatstroke before but it seemed to get better more quickly

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience. ​

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and sex?

Are you having any fever now?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’m female and 23, I’ve got sickness, headache and feeling a bit hot and cold

Ok, I have your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

This does not sound like heat stroke.

Your symptoms are quite typical of a viral infections.

Viral infections presents with feelings of hot and then cold, headache, weakness, fatigue.

I would suggest:

Rest.

Fluids. take a lot of fluids like water, fruit juice and Gatorade.

Measure your temperature two or three times during the day to check for fever.

Tylenol tab for fever or feverish feeling- take one 500 tab when you are feeling feverish or hot, gap should be at least 6 hours and no more than 4 tabs a days.

Otrivin nose drop - if you have blocked nose

Decongestant medicines: Like Benadryl Allergy Relief or Triaminic Cold and Night time cough syrup - if you have cough

These steps are generally sufficient for a viral infection.

But in these times of Corona infection, it is very important that you report any fever if you measure a fever above 101 degree F to your doctor. Your doctor will determine whether you need to be tested for Corona.

Also report immediately in case you have severe cough, difficulty in respiration, chest pain or heaviness, diarrhea, skin rashes, or any other unusual or severe symptoms.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay thankyou very much