the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I have what I think is eustachian ear dysfunction. I saw the

Customer Question

I have what I think is eustachian ear dysfunction. I saw the doctor over a week ago and she first prescribed me antibiotic ear spray as she saw inflammation. I also suffered from ringing in he ears which is probably the worst symptom. Since using the spray it seemed to get a bit worse (the ringing) so I spoke to the doctor and he has now prescribed me an steroid nasal spray which I have been doing since Monday this week.
JA: Have you used the antibiotic or anything similar before?
Customer: Yes about 3 years ago
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides the antibiotic for this?
Customer: I have now stopped the antibiotic spray for the ear and am using a steroid nasal spray recommended by my doctor since Monday however the hissing noise which is the worst symptom doesn't seem to be getting better does it usually take a while for these things to settle?
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No thanks - I am usually well and healthy although I would say I do tend to suffer from sinus congestion every morning
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 20 days ago.

Hello. I'mCustomer licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

how old are you?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
52

Yes it can take some time for this to settle

however, the steroid nasal spray likely isn't enough

I would add an over the counter anti histamine like zyrtec

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!