Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

I have an infection in my foot, mainly affecting the second

Customer Question

I have an infection in my foot, mainly affecting the second toe from the big tow. My GP prescribed a 7 day course of Flucloxacillin 500mg capsules which I commenced on Monday afternoon. It does appear to be clearing. Should I be concerned or will the results only show after the course is complete. The dosage, which I have been adhering to is 4 capsules per day.
JA: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: 6.00pm on Friday 7th September. N0 side effects, just the pain which was there from day one and hasn't got any worse.
JA: Got it. Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: NO
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: In July 2018 I was in a Cornwall hospital where I contracted sepsis and pneumonia which left me weak for several months. Lat December I again developed pneumonia and was in William Harvey Hospital, Ashford for two weeks. I have type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease (two heart attacks in 14 years. Two stints fitted after first heart attack and one fitted in June this year.
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service. The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

At the outset, I would like to inform that I will not be able to prescribe any medications as the site does not allow me to, I can give you my suggestions on how your condition can be treated.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Expert:  Dermadoc replied 6 days ago.

hello

Without the information I asked for, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

The infection will show resolution after the course is over, but it will show signs of improvement with a few doses.

how is the infection now?