Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My son has a toothache and swollen face on the affected

Customer Question

My son has a toothache and swollen face on the affected side. He has been on antibiotics for 3 days. We are meant to fly into UK today. What do you advice?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 3 day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this. ​
I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is his age?

Has he seen a dentist for this?

Is he still having toothache?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He's 8 years old
Yes, he saw a dentist 2 days ago. Had xrays. Previous filling intact in tooth causing problem. He was very preterm 29weeks and been told teeth didn't form well to expect problems. His dentist is in UK. They recommended possibly pulpectomy or root canal or extraction.
His toothache has subsided significantly since he started the antibiotics- Augmentin and Metronidazole with paracetamol.
Thanks for your advice.

Since he has been seen by a dentist, and he is under treatment, you will not have any problems during the travel.

He can safely make the journey.

Be sure to have painkillers like Motrin suspension in case he has any pain.

Make sure not to miss any antibiotic dose.

He should have a safe and trouble free journey.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm roaming, call will be far more expensive. Sorry, I do not prefer a call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great, thank you for your help.

Please dont worry about the call request, it is generated automatically by the website, not by me. You have to give a positive rating at the bar of stars once the session is complete

Glad to be of help.

Please choose a positive rating with 5 stars from the rating bar of stars at the corner of your chat box if my answer has helped you (or click on 'rate and close'). We are paid only when a positive rating is given. I expect this from you if I have been able to help you.

Without a positive rating, this session remains inconclusive and the question will show up as an 'unaccepted request' against your ID.

Dr. P. Jyoti