Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have a cracked tooth at the front. The other day I noticed

Customer Question

I have a cracked tooth at the front. The other day I noticed a lump on the roof of my mouth and when I press it blood comes out of the cracked tooth
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: It’s soft. And it’s been about 2/3 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Been waiting over an hour for someone to answer me even though it keeps saying my wait time is 8 minutes??
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. It sounds like you have an abcess and need emergency dental care. Here is how to access care right now.Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), all routine dental treatment has been stopped at the moment.
If you think you need urgent dental treatment:
* call your dentist
* use the NHS 111 online service if you cannot contact your dentist or you do not have one
Find out how to get medical help from home.
If you need dental treatment in an emergency
* call a dentist: some surgeries offer appointments at short notice
* if you do not have a dentist, find one using NHS 111
If you need to see a dentist out of hours
* call a dentist: their voicemail may advise where to get out-of-hours treatment
* call NHS 111 to find an out-of-hours dental service near you
Do not contact a GP, as they will not be able to offer emergency or out-of-hours dental care.
If you're in pain while waiting to see a dentist, take painkillers. NHS 111 can also offer other self-care advice.
How much will I be charged?
An urgent dental treatment will cost £22.70 – see Understanding NHS dental charges.
If you're entitled to free NHS dental care, you should be able to claim back the cost of any treatment.
Ensure you keep all receipts. For more information, see Find out how to get help with dental costs.
If you're asked to come back for further treatment, this will be considered to be a separate course of non-urgent treatment.
You'll have to pay the relevant charge for the new course of treatment.
Ask the dentist what the treatment will cost or whether you can have a treatment plan.Most patients are finding the 111 service the easiest way to get seen. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.