Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am really concerned I have been waiting over 6 months for

Customer Question

I am really concerned I have been waiting over 6 months for an investigation for my bladder as it is not emptying properly and I am in and out of bed all night and it seems to be getting worse when I ring the hospital they say I won’t be getting the appt yet. What do you suggest I do?
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: No I am not taking any medication but I have been told that my kidneys are not working properly and I have a dull ache below the waist
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the ache?
Customer: I keep ringing the doctor and finally they are going to try to get me an ultra sound but I don’t know when and I am also waiting to have a camera procedure.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have artheritis and in the last couple of months I have had a tightest in my feet especially the right one but I don’t kmow is this is due to the artheritis
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 days ago.

What are your age and gender?

Are your kidney function tests (BUN, creatine) normal?

What are your symptoms?

How were you diagnosed inadequate emptying of the bladder?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am female and 77 years old, I have been told my kidneys out of 5 Are 3
My symptoms are getting in and out of bed all night as my bladder isn’t emptying properly and I have a dull ache below the waist and haven’t been diagnosed as yet as I have been waiting over 6 months for test I have only had a consultation.

You need the following workup for assessment;

1) an ultrasound

2) a CT urogram

3) Video urodynamics; it tells about the bladder muscles, nerves, and sphincter.

Your symptoms can be cystopathy.

Your doctor may meanwhile prescribe you Pro Banthine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That is the problem as I said I have been waiting over sis months for test and it is blamed onto the virus but that isnt helping me and I an getting more and more stressed

Unfortunately, there is no other way except for investigations. Unless you are investigated, treatment is difficult. You may ask your GP or the urologist to give you a prescription of Pro Banthine.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question) to give credit for the time. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question completely. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.