How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sumanth Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11344
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Sumanth is online now

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and had 2 stents fitted, I

Customer Question

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and had 2 stents fitted, I have had no problem since. I take Bisoprolol, Ramipril, Atorvastatin, aspirin, Amitriptyline and Lansoprazole. I now suffer from erectile dysfunction what can I take to help with this.
JA: How long have you been using aspirin? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Since my heart attack May16, it doesn’t help with getting erection.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about erectile dysfunction?
Customer: no very difficult to get appointment.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i don’t think so, although I take tablets for high blood pressure and high cholesterol they are both fine.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

  1. May I know your age please?

  2. How long have you had this symptom?

  3. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?

  4. I am sorry to ask - but - are you a smoker or alcoholic?

  5. Are you obese please?

  6. Is there a problem with getting an erection or sustaining an erection please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What do you want to know
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

I have just typed in some questions please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 59, about 4 years since taking medication, not diabetic, never smoked, 172cm and 11stone 2, getting an erection it goes semi- hard.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

I am typing - please hold on.

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Hi...I understand your concern and by what you say I feel that you may be having erectile dysfunction and is very common in many men. Treatment depends on the cause of the problem and can include:

1. Medicines to help you get and keep an erection – Examples of these medicines include Siledenafil/ Vardenafil/ Tadalafil and Avanafil. Men who take certain medicines Like nitrates for heart issues and medications for enlarged protrate) should not take medicines to get an erection. So I suggest these cannot be considered in your case please.

2. Devices to help you get and keep an erection – Erection devices work in different ways. Some are implanted into the penis to form an erection. Others work a bit like a vacuum and help pull blood into the penis.

3. Hormone treatment – Sex problems can happen when a man's body does not make enough male hormones (testosterone). If your hormone levels are very low, your doctor might treat you with testosterone, which can come in a shot, skin patch, skin gel, or tablet that sticks to your gums.

4. Treatment to improve mood – Like antidepressants or mood elevators.

5. Treatments to delay ejaculation – Some of the medicines used to treat depression work very well for this. Some men also use a method called "pause and squeeze." In this method, a man stops having sex and presses behind the tip of the penis when he feels like he is going to ejaculate. After the feeling goes away, he continues having sex.

Among all these - the mood improvers/ the stop and squeeze technique can be very helpful for you as they have been for many of my patients.

The partner being on the top is another good technique.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 6 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani