Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Second opinion] I have polycystic ovaries and I am 32 years

Customer Question

second opinion] I have polycystic ovaries and I am 32 years old and will get married soon . Will it be hard for me to get pregnant and what can I do to increase my chances ?
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. Good day to you. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of medical experience. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
We can continue chatting here, If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it is optional & costs extra!). I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards,

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

Certainly,

Getting pregnant with PCOS can be challenging and you are also above 30 years age, which may play a role in conception too.

To increase your chances, you need to have regular ovulation, meaning regular periods, and the best way for this is to get proper evaluation and treatment for your PCOS.

Metformin is a good medication for PCOS in many cases, but you need to contact your Ob/gyn to evaluate your PCOS and treat it accordingly, to improve your chances of conceiving soon,

All the best and stay safe,