DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Really need a Gastroligist ...as it regards my 83yr old

Customer Question

Hi really need a Gastroligist ...as it regards ***** ***** old mother . Currently my mum has multiple myeloma she was operated last year for colon cancer stage 3 but thankfully no spreads . She also suffers from neuralgia and effect from the chemo she has been off chemo for 4 yr . During the night she has suffered pain in her upper and lower intestines ... the pain comes and goes at time very acute then it passes . She is due to have a virtual colonoscopy on Monday and has been given medication to clear her self out ( this is a check up for the colon cancer ) we have phoned 111 waiting for 5 hrs for a dr to come and see her at home .. she won’t go to A&E because she is scared of Covid . I think she need imaging to see if there is a blockage
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes .. question she has not started the medication for the colonoscopy tomorrow is when it starts ... should she take it ?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No that I can think of
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 10 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your mother,s health

If her pain persist then I would not give her the medicines which are usually laxative

This must be evaluated first of all that why she is having this pain

If you give the laxative and she has a blocked intestine then it can make the obstruction worse

So she must not take it unless seen by the doctor or her pain settle and she pass stool normally

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated.