Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Itching on the legs, last four months, no, not sure

Customer Question

itching on the legs
JA: When did the itchiness first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: last four months
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the itchiness?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: not sure
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us this evening.

I am sorry to hear you have had this for months. Is there any rash at all? If so, can you provide a photo?

Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 8 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us, I will try and provide an answer.

Itching on the legs can be due to eczema, psoriasis, varicose eczema - therefore the cause is important to identify.

The basics are to use an emollient on the legs regularly to ensure the skin can heal well. If there are inflamed localised areas then you could try a topical steroid and finally you can also use an anti-histamine as often scratching damages the skin which then leads to further itching, therefore is important to break this cycle.

Please do feel free to provide further information so that I am able to provide a more accurate answer.