Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My 19 month old toddler is experiencing random bouts of

My 19 month old toddler is experiencing random bouts of vomiting. He first had a bout one week ago, was sick again three days later, again two days later and again this morning. He has a slight rash (which blanches under pressure) around his mouth and chin and no other symptoms.
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: No swelling or tooth pain. I must add that two weeks ago he had an overnight stay in hospital with suspected meningitis as he had a high temperature and a rash on his trunk that looked suspicious. He was given the all clear (tested for COVID and came back negative) no high temperature since
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He is allergic to dairy products and fish- which have been eliminated from his diet. He has soy milk. Could it be another unidentified food allergy?

Welcome to Just Answer. Good day to you. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of pediatric experience. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
We can continue chatting here, If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it is optional & costs extra!). I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards,

Certainly, allergy to another food, including soya, could be one of the possibilities in this situation,

You can try different milk like almond milk to check if that helps with the rash and the vomiting, if he is otherwise active and alert and playful, I believe we can wait for a day and then check with the pediatrician tomorrow on the phone about his symptoms,

In the meanwhile, not giving soy milk may work,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He is bringing back undigested food too when he vomits. What could that indicate?

This does not specifically mean anything, any cause of vomit can lead to undigested food particles coming out,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, many thanks for your advice on my 19 month old and his health issues. As advised I have removed soy milk from his diet but he has rejected alternatives. My own gp has prescribed pepti junior, is this the right route? Further to that the rash around his mouth and chin has gotten worse. Many thanks

Good day to you,

Yes,

Pepti Junior is an alternative for cow and soy milk allergy,

We need to give this and stop all other milk in the baby's diet for the next 15 days and see if the rash improves,

Warm regards