Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

How do you treat borage skin rash, about 4 weeks ago. Have

Customer Question

How do you treat borage skin rash
JA: When did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: about 4 weeks ago. Have tried E45 but ineffective
JA: The Dermatologist will be able to answer that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?
Customer: No. Appointments with dermatologists take a while
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 6 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today.

Where do you have this rash? and are you able to provide a photo please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Its not red as it has been but keeps flaring up. I'm not sure how to attach a photo
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 5 days ago.

There should be a paper clip attachment but I am not sure my screen is the same as yours, if not can you email me on***@******.***

Please do not put any personal information on this though please.

Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 2 day ago.

Good evening, in the absence of a response I will try and provide an answer, but do please discuss further or provide an image if you would like a more accurate response.

I am assuming you are referring to a contact dermatitis. The management of this is to use a topical steroid, the potency depends on the area and severity of the rash. Sometimes an antihistamine is useful as well as a regular emollient to ensure the skin is able to heal well.