DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a swelling In my neck. I had half my thyroid removed

Customer Question

I have a swelling In my neck. I had half my thyroid removed in 2010 because of a lump. The surgeon said it was very messy ( fibrosis). I am due a flu jab today and feecl
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: It has appeared the last couple of days because I nokti
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have fibromyalgia diagnosed 2005 but probably stems from a failed epidural years before. I had a gall bladder that did not show any stones but when it was removed after 4 years of suffering the surgeon told me that again it was messy and had to be cut out.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 10 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What exactly is your query now ?

Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 5 days ago.

Since I have not heard back from you so I am giving you a general answer and you can come back for any further details

If the swelling is in the same area as the thyroid gland so it could be a small goiter or it could be a cyst

Sometime painful swelling can occur with viral thyroiditis

If it is on the side of the neck then it can be an inflamed lymph node

You should take Ibuprofen to relieve the pain and swelling and if you don,t feel any improvement in few days then you will need to visit the doctor for examination

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.