Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have adhd and I’ve run out of my medication, so I’m trying

Customer Question

I have adhd and I’ve run out of my medication, so I’m trying to find away of getting some today , I tried all day yesterday
JA: How long have you been taking this medication? Any recent changes in dosage?
Customer: 8 years no I take methylphenidate 5 mg short acting and concerta 27 mg long acting
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: Nope but I take melatonin given by my doctor
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No I’m fine, just desperate for a prescription, I can prove my diagnosis and my gp records, just they are so busy I can’t speak to anyone till Friday and they always take 4 days 4 a prescription, I’m a vet nurse and Woking in a busy hospital so have to be on the balll
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 7 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff.

I am very sorry but you will not be able to get this medication from an Online doctor. You need updated BP, weight, and given this is a control drug you would need to physically attend to see a GP.

A private GP appointment would take a few days, therefore this is one options for you, alternatively most GP practices can arrange repeat medication within a few days, the same day if urgent.

I would suggest you contact your prescriptions team at your GP, or your GPs secretary if it is a smaller practice.

I will flag your question as a refund as your request is not possible.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.