RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I have a little red lulp/spot on my penis head and hasn't

Customer Question

I have a little red lulp/spot on my penis head and hasn't gone away for 2 weeks. No unprotected sex had and researched not STD but possibly something called Pearly Penile Papules or something similar. Can you advise please?
JA: When did the lump first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: About 2 weeks ago and doctors app not until 23rd Sept, so would like prognosis and treatment if poss. Can email photo if required
JA: The Dermatologist will be able to answer that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the lump?
Customer: Nope, no one yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: Erm, well had dermatology for 12 months treatment of spots on back which finished 12 months ago and none appeared since.....just this one red spot/lump on penis head
Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

Hello...my name is***** how can I help?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Dr Duggal. You've read the above query regarding small red lump on my penis head?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

Can you send me a pic please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
have you an email to send to please?.....
Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** now :)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sent, have you received from***@******.***?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

how big would you say the pink lesion is?

Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

Does it hurt or bleed?

Do you have any penile discharge?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Erm.....i will actually measure......but would say between 1/2 cm and 1cm.....
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
75mm as sending you a photo with tape measure now
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No pain, discharge or bleed.....nothing.....it's just there and embarrassing really. Did you receive photo?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

It is difficult to fully diagnose without examination and biopsy but the differential diagnosis will be:

• Hursutoid Papilloma
  • Fordyce Spots
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma

In either case you will need to be referred by your GP to a dermatologist for accurate diagnosis

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** there any over the counter remedies or some that can be bought to tread a general infection like this?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

it is not an infection I think and there is no treatment for this.. The consition is self limiting and will disappear slowly by itself. Please read my advice as a bove and get your GP to refer you... thanks

Expert:  RickD810 replied 18 days ago.

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star response would be much appreciated !

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal