Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have an 18 year old son, who accidentally had one of his

Customer Question

i have an 18 year old son, who accidentally had one of his front teeth severed in half horizontally whilst play fighting with his brother.Our dentist managed to stick the tooth back on and explained it was a temporary solution. It has managed to last over a year, then last night he bit into a seed/ nut (?) and it came out. i would say it is literally half way across and possibly just missed the nerve as he can feel sensitivity in exposed root.The colour of the tooth has also been good for the last year making me think the nerve hasn't died. Can you please give me a prognosis as he is worried about his looks/ time / exams etc! Thank you Dina
JA: Has the sensitivity been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: first time issue since the accident initially and no sensitivity remained the same
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the sensitivity? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: went to dentist when tooth came out over a year ago, she stuck it in and it came out on sat night so waiting for dentist to open tomorrow
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: no not really
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (V11GML3)
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 7 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. He needs to see an emergency dentist and needs a crown. The crown will look just like his tooth and will be a great cosmetic result Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks for your response. I seem to remember the dentist saying there would be a problem doing a crown.. but b NC subs because of his age as now he had turned 18.. in Hank’s anyway Dina
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No sorry I’m ok thanks
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No phone call needed thank you
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 7 days ago.
The phone call is auto generated. Ignore it. He can def have a crown. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.