Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I was admitted t St George's Hospital in Tooting on Thursday

Customer Question

I was admitted t St George's Hospital in Tooting on Thursday evening following an episode of crampy abdominal pain and vomiting and discharged on Friday afternoon. The discharge letter instructed me to discontinue taking my regular dose of one or two laxatives per day which for some years past have been prescribed. As a result I am now suffering from constipation and feel very uncomfortable. I have kept my fluid intake up with copious amounts of water yesterday and today. Yesterday I did take one laxative dissolved in 2 water and two today with no effect whatsoever.
JA: How long have you been using the laxative? Has it helped at all?
Customer: It was prescribed some years ago. Amongst other conditions I have a womb prolapse which is held in place with a pessary and my gynaecologist prescribed them initially and has continued to do so. Normally (or before the lock down) I had a regular 3 monthly appointment when the pessary was removed and the area checked thoroughly. My last hospital appointment was back in February and subsequent appointments were over the telephone which does not really work. As I am 80 years old I have been in lockdown since 16 of March though the recent easing has meant I can visit my podiatrist and get to Church on Sunday as well as join my family who live nearby for dinner on Sunday evening. Today is my sons birthday but now have reservations about joining the family if the constipation problem is not resolved.
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides the laxative for this?
Customer: On Tuesday even of last week I did take 2 Senokot tablets but otherwise it has been water, 1 or 2 cups of tea, 1 diluted no added sugar squash and copious amounts of water each day. I have shredded wheat with fruit for breakfast and major on wholemeal bread, fresh or frozen veg and try to walk with my rollator fr 45 minutes to one hour per day as well as housework. Admittedly this has not happened since Tuesday though I was planning t walk this afternoon.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Ten years ago (10 February 2010) I had a fall on some mud and suffered an open fracture of my left ankle. I developed MRSA in the bone Presented on 14/05/2010, Stroke 26/09/2015 and Hypertension confirmed on the same date.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 18 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

And please ignore any phone requests, these are generated automatically by Just Answer beyond my control

I am really sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you.

I assume you are on movicol?

Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 5 days ago.

You should be on laxatives/