Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have had the implant 2 years and a bit with no problem and

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have had the implant 2 years and a bit with no problem and no bleeding, but now I am but it's not been 3 years yet, will I get pregnant if I have unprotected sex? Why am I bleeding after not bleeding for over 2 years?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: YouI have had the implant 2 years and a bit with no problem and no bleeding, but now I am but it's not been 3 years yet, will I get pregnant if I have unprotected sex? Why am I bleeding after not bleeding for over 2 years?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern.

Do you have lower abdominal pain?

Did the bleeding start after sex?

Any bleeding from gums? In stools?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, and before sex and no
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's easier for me to message than call

Alright. This sounds like a side effect of contraceptive implant. It should still be very effective and I don't believe you can get pregnant before 3 years. Unscheduled bleeding can occur even after a couple of years. We can't really predict that. It's usually self limited but you may take Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice daily for 3 days to make it settle.

The request for call is automatically generated by the website. We can continue the chat here.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Most welcome.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied. You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page. Best regards, ***** *****