Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am unable to feel and move my feet and legs sometimes.

I am unable to feel and move my feet and legs sometimes. It's normally worse in the afternoon and evening. Sometimes I can't lift my right foot, and have to drag the right foot and try to walk using my left foot alone. This has been going on for a few months now and seems to be getting worse. Please can you give me some advice on what to do in this situation. I have been told that I may have a functional movement disorder, however I don't think that is the only problem occurring as sometimes cannot move or feel my legs or feet, which I think would be a nerve problem. Please let me know your thoughts. What could be causing me to not be able to feel or move my legs. Thank you.

I am sorry about your significant symptoms.

Could you please tell me what are the investigations and treatments done for these symptoms?

Are you taking any herbs/medications/supplements?

I am sorry about your significant medical issue. I am writing to you with an answer on the basis of your initial information. I would be happy to discuss it further if you provide me more information.

You should be looked for;

1) A spinal issue

2) Neuropathy.

The following investigations would help you ascertain the cause;

1) Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)

2) MRI of the spine and brain

3) blood glucose, glucose tolerance test, and glycosylated hemoglobin

4) serum B12 level with methylmalonic acid (with or without homocysteine),

5) serum protein electrophoresis

6) Antinuclear antibody

7) Lyme testing

8) Rheumatoid factor

9) Sjogren's syndrome testing (Anti-Ro, Anti-La Antibodies)

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Thank you!.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the information you have provided me. I will show this list to my GP tomorrow. What department would you recommend for my GP to refer me to, to have these things you have mentioned above investigated. Many thanks.

You are very welcome.

You should be referred to a neurologist.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much. And do you have any recommendations of herbs/medications/supplements that I can take to help for this problem.

The following would help you;

Multivitamins such as Methyl Guard Plus, Or Integrative Therapeutics

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Coenzyme Q 10

Omega 3 fatty acids or Fish oil

Evening Primrose Oil Oral