Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am seeking a diagnosis for a mental illness, Not about

Customer Question

Hi, I am seeking a diagnosis for a mental illness
JA: Have you spoken to a mental health professional about this?
Customer: Not about this particular issue
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: I've not had much motivation to go to sleep recently but I have experienced insomnia during lockdown during a bad break up
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I experienced a few traumatic episodes and I seem to have some issues relating to my friends and being real with each of them consistently. In terms of physical health I had an absess and kidney stones at a young age.. as well as stomach irritation from bad eating habitsCustomer: Chat is completed
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I did experience depression and anxiety in the past. I'm fearing BPD however just due to how I'm relating to my friends at the moment
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
What exactly is your question about this please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I want to know if going into shock from cutting off an abusive person can lead to cognitive distortions about valid people, and whether not that could present a personality disorder?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 17 days ago.

Going into shock?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I went into traumatic shock a few weeks ago. In the run up to this, I've been experiencing cognitive distortions about the people around me, possibly out of anger, and this has now strained/ruined friendships. What is this exactly?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Paranoid cognitive distortions in a social context..
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 17 days ago.

Not a personality disorder but it could be a bipolar disorder

It isn't easy to make psychiatric diagnoses on line like this but I think you should see your doctor for a full evaluation and to see if therapy and/or medication is in order

Please let me know if you need any more information