Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Alcohol home detox advice, iv not stopped drinking yet but i

Customer Question

alcohol home detox advice
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: iv not stopped drinking yet but i am cutting down with a plan in place to stop entierly at the end of the week
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the cut?
Customer: not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: im trying to work out how many units iv been drinking a day, because iv been drinking something called Nytol Herbal Elixier
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

First of all, you will need to drink lot of fluids including water, gatorade, fruit juice to avoid any dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.

Secondly, you will need to cut down very slowly-- like 10% of your currently amount every week to minimize risk of withdrawal symptoms.

Thirdly, over the counter benadryl ( diphenhydramine) capsules 25 to 50 mg can be used for insomnia or anxiety if needed during the process of alcohol weaning.

Lastly, if you do experience significant symptoms from withdrawal, please do not hesitate to seek medical help.
Best wishes,
Please reply back if you need any further clarification.
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.

Yes please go ahead.