Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Mental illness, yes, ocd anxiety, yes time

Customer Question

mental illness
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: ocd anxiety
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: yes time
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this. ​
I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Are you taking any medicines for this?

Have you consulted a psychiatrist for this?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i am 24 years old i am female
7 years ago i imagined my dad getting abused by me and i was imagining i was very bad to him and everyone abuses him . when i was imagining this i imagined he was in a bed lying down looking black and had black coming out of his mouth . i also imagined me abusing him so much that he got so totured by me to the extreme and i am favourite of everybody which i am in real life but i imagined it too . that image of my dad on the bed now scares me and gives me anxiety attacks . so bad that i start shaking i can’t think properly when i have anxiety attacks and can’t talk properly when i have them . i go red and i also get panick attacks all the time when i am out that i will have anxiety attacks . the anxiety attacks are basically where i think that i have become my dad when i have anxiety attacks i think i have become him and that image of him . he doesn’t go away and it is so scary to think i have become him . also i have ocd where i see my dad and try to focus on me and my image which is the good image . this has caused me ocd and anxiety and anxiety attacks . the attacks are very scary , i have to go to sleep for them to go say nothing helps when i have them . i start to panick and my anxiety goes up so high because i think i have become that image . i also see his body and think it’s in mine so i imagine i am getting it out when i have anxiety attacks . i am on escitelopram 10 mg and aripiprazole 5 mg it is not helping . i shout at home when i hear my dads voice . my dad was a lovely dad but my dad does not live with me because my mum and dad are divorced . i live with my mum
this image has caused me ocd and i need to get the right photo which is me to do anything like putting shampoo in my hair or getting dressed or leaving a room . it has ruined my life please help
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i have seen physiatrists and had cbt but it has not helped only praying helps

I can understand your situation and would like to help you.

I can advise some general steps to help you in this situation.

You must continue the medicines that have been advised for you.

You must also take some other steps along with the medicines.

Good sleep is essential for anxiety. For good sleep, a good sleep hygeine is essential.

Some of the steps to take are:
Go to bed at the same time every day
Ensure your room is well darkened
Do not take tea or coffee two hours before going to bed
Have a glass of warm milk – it helps in sleep.

In bed, choose a heavy book - a history book, biography, the bible - read a few chapters which will make you sleepy.

Also try these natural methods for your OCD and anxiety.

Chamomile:

Chamomile tea is a very good anti anxiety treatment. Take a cup of chamomile tea every night before going to sleep.

Tryptophan:

Tryptophan is a natural amino acid which also helps to calm you down

Take a lot of foods containing tryptophan specially at dinner. These include:
cottage cheese, peanuts, soy, brown rice, milk.

You should include at least one such food at dinner. Taking a glass of milk or nibbling at a piece of cheese in the bed is helpful.

Valerian

Valerian root can also be used as tea before dinner in place of chamomile.

Hops

Hops can also be used as a cereal for anti anxiety

I would like you to try Yoga. Besides chemical drugs, Yoga can give great benefits in anxiety - probably the best natural treatment for this. Join a good yoga class - it will surely lessen your anxiety.

Go for regular exercise - go for at least 30 minute walks five times a week. Exercise will help you greatly. This is virtually the most important step that you can take. Exercise increases the dopamine levels in the brain and will completely change you for the better.

Also try to break the mold. Join a new class - perhaps a music class. Join a club. Dont sit at home in the evenings - go for a cinema or a pub, etc. Dont settle down, move around - this can work wonders.

Hopefully these steps will resolve this situation quickly. However if the problem persists do see your doctor.

Wish you good health and a quick recovery.I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti