Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Grandchild has constant redness in vulval area is this a

Customer Question

grandchild has constant redness in vulval area is this a sign of diabetes
JA: What are all the grandchild's symptoms? Have they talked to a doctor about diabetes?
Customer: no but she had an extremely high temp in feb. and was worried she may have had covid when recovering her poo was white Ihad symptoms after her and mine were white I heard children may get diabetes after it
JA: Got it. Has she seen a doctor about diabetes?
Customer: no not yet wanted to be sure of my facts first
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing no diabetes in the family
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 8 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is her age?

Frequent urination?

Excessive thirst?

Burning and pain during urination?

Vulvar itching?

Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 5 days ago.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I was waiting for additional information.

I would provide you an answer.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, her symptoms sound like vulvovaginitis.

Skin irritation around the vulva and vagina that is common in young children.

This irritation can be caused by the use of products that are too strong for the delicate vulvar skin, clothing that rubs, dampness, fungal infection, eczema.

If she has frequent urination, burning during urination, itching on the vulval area then she needs to see a doctor for a clinical exam and Urinary tract infection should be ruled out.

Blood sugar levels, urinalysis can be advised.

Wear only plain white, cotton underpants. Wash them with a tiny amount of unscented detergent and rinse twice to remove any remaining irritants from the detergent. Avoid fabric softeners or any extra cleaning or "freshening" products on underwear and swimsuits.

Avoid tights, one-piece leotards, tight jeans, or leggings. Choose skirts and looser fitting pants.

Don't use bubble bath or perfumed soap.

Use Abzorb powder if she has excessive moisture and itching.

Hydrate her with plenty of fluids.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.