Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have leg cramp which has locked my left leg since last

Customer Question

I have leg cramp which has locked my left leg since last Tuesday. It is causing severe pain in my abdomen, leg and pins / needles in my toes. Am diabetic, on Levemir and sorakoto tables. what can I do am in severe pain round the clock.
JA: Have you used any medication for the cramping?
Customer: deep heat, paracetamol, asparin, hot water bottle, cold press, hot bath. am in a bad way I cannot walk
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the cramping?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have high colestral high blood pressure glaucoma cataracts, am of afro Caribbean orign
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Have you got your calcium levels checked?

Do you have any calcium supplements with you right now?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
cannot afford that kind of money
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

The request for call is automatically generated by the website. We can continue the chat here.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 16 days ago.

I'm afraid you'll have to get your calcium levels checked. If they are low then calcium supplements are the way to go. You can start with "country life coenzyme B" supplements now. That can help in a vast majority of patients. If that doesn't help then you'll need a prescription for Pregablin or Quinine from your doctor.