Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

It’s a bit private really but it’s to do with my penis, Yes,

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: It’s a bit private really but it’s to do with my penis
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this. ​
I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.

Dont worry, full privacy is maintained on this site.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age?

What problems are you having on your penis?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am 27. And I’m just having a bit of trouble with when I’m masturbating my foreskin won’t retract over the head and I’m wondering if it usual. It retracts when I have sex but sometimes gets a little tight to return back. I’ve ready up on this and suggests the only way is circumcision is this true or is there other ways
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No call thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can I get a reply by message here instead

Please dont worry about the call request, it is generated automatically by the website, not by me. I will help you through text.

I have your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

You may be having the beginning of Phimosis, a tightness of the foreskin.
There are three main treatments for phimosis, the last is circumcision.
The first treatment is simple. You should use stretching exercises after application of a steroid cream like 0.05% betamethasone or 1% hydrocortisone, this is available OTC at all pharmacies.

In most cases, this will remove the tightness of the skin.

If it persists, you should show to your doctor. The second treatment which avoids circumcision is also surgical, but it is not complete removal of the foreskin. It is called preputialplasty. This is like Z plasty and avoids total removal of the foreskin as in circumcision.

If this is not possible, then circumcision is the final answer.

If you have to go for surgery, your doctor will decide whether you need preputialplasty or circumcision.

But first, you can try the stretching exercises at home. This is enough in most cases.

Hopefully this will solve your problem. I do hope I was able to help you in resolving this issue. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks I will get in touch with my doctor to confirm

Glad that I have been able to help. Have a great day!