Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

HEALS ALL RED AND SORE, FOUR WWEEKS, NO, NO

Customer Question

HEALS ALL RED AND SORE
JA: How long have you had the sore? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: FOUR WWEEKS
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the sore?
Customer: NO
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 4 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today.

I am sorry to hear you have these sores, and for such a long time.

Please can I ask your age, any medical history, and if you can provide a photo of these please? thanks

Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 1 day ago.

Good evening. In the absence of this information I will do my best to try and provide you an answer, but please do feel free to provide further information or discuss further.

Red and sore heals can be from a number of factors, red implies that there inflammation and the soreness confirms this. Localised to your heal only suggests this is likely to be local to the skin, rather than in relation to ligaments or tendons underlying the skin.

The important management option is to ensure your heals are not split, and treat dry skin. This can be done with a regular emollient. But if there are rather inflamed then in the short term for a few weeks, I would consider using a topical steroid.

Examination would certainly help identify the cause.

I hope this is of some help.