DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My CA125 blood test ( done routinely as a full test) came

Customer Question

My CA125 blood test ( done routinely as a full test) came back at 49. I have been for a full scan ,internal and external and everything was fine. Couldn’t see ovaries , so small and the womb had some small fibroids no thickening though. I have to go see the specialist as follow up of report. Will I need more tests do you think ?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 8 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What was the reason for non-visualization of the ovaries ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Just done their job and gone away to retire.

Since I have not heard back from you so I am giving you a general answer and you can come back to me for any further details

The CA 125 is just slightly elevated but with normal scans I don,t think there is anything to worry at all

You just need to monitor the CA125 after three months

Such mild elevation can be due to endometriosis,pelvic inflammatory disease,uterine fibroid etc

So you should not worry at all

I would suggest only to monitor the CA 125 after three months and if there is a rising trend then you may need a CT scan or MRI of the pelvis

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am with other people at the moment so unable to talk.

No problem you can come back later for any further question

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would a ultra sound scan show everything , why would they need to look again ?

They will need to look again as the CA 125 is slightly high and they were unable to visualize the ovaries