DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Please I have a throat irritation that has refused to heal

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Yes please I have a throat irritation that has refused to heal up since March, and I have ran a couple of x-rays which showed nothing It is affecting the right side of my throat and my right ear
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: About six months now...since March I haven't had either of cold or flu recently
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: None asides fibroids For tests, I had done a chest x-ray and a Barium Swallow which both came out clean
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright. The ENT doctor I saw sometimes I'm June mentioned my tonsils were swollen and cos I had taken antibiotics in March for the same complaint, he gave me a pain reliever and some Vitamin C tablets

Do you have any nasal blockage or post nasal dripping ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
None at the moment

So at the moment only issue is throat irritation ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
just the throat irritation, a little pain, I feel something similar to a growth when I swallow, and the ear discomfort

Thanks for the details

There are two main possibilities

One is a possibility of acid reflux causing throat inflammation

The second is a rhino-sinusitis which may be contributing towards the throat inflammation causing pain and irritation

You should use Nexium and Nasocort nasal spray

You can add Ibuprofen to it and have warm water gargles

If this does not help then you should have a CT scan of the head and neck to look for the para-nasal sinuses

Further treatment can be planned accordingly as per the CT results

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. How many sprays would you recommend per day?

Two times daily

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please doctor, am I to get both Nexium and Nasocort or either of them?

Yes you should take both

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Cool, thanks

You are welcome