Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Im looking for some advice.For about a week now I have been

Hi im looking for some advice.For about a week now I have been short bursts of light headedness whenever I have been doing a none strenuous activity for example, standing, walking up the stairs and such. I have had a dip in energy levels as well as periods of ear ache.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I wouldnt say pain but the ear ache is uncomfortable when it occurs. As for period, im on the pill but they always occur at the same point each month.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have anxiety but this is well controlled i used to take sertraline but no longer on this.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Common cause of dizziness along with ear ache is vestibular neuritis or acute labyrinthitis--this means inflammation of the inner ear nerve and the compartment.
Bacterial infection can cause this resulting in severe dizziness and hearing loss in the affected ear.
This needs oral antibiotic treatment.

Also a short course of oral steroid like prednisone 40 mg daily for 5 days can be added to treat the inflammation.
Best wishes,
Please reply back if you need any further clarification.
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).