DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I've got a questions about a late/missed period. I'm

Hello, I've got a questions about a late/missed period. I'm certainly not pregnant. I'm not sure if I can explain to you here what is my worry?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: They are quite regular. Im the past if I had some stress they would be late a day or two so I understand that. I'm 37 years old. I should have had my period last Thursday..a few days before that I took a canasteen pessary for the 2nd time within two months and I'm wondering if this could have affected it..?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Around 10/11 years ago I had problems with endometrium, the membrane was really small but I had that treated fairly quickly and had no problems since. At the time when the problem occured I missed my period for 2 months..I'm just wondering if this could be the same thing..? Or could the pessary affected my period?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No. I'm healthy really.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I would request the following information so that I can understand the issue better and answer your query in a better way

Have you used any pill or are you on any hormonal pill?

Is it the first time you are experiencing this problem?

So as per my understanding you don,t have any unprotected sex recently,right ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm not on a pill; it's a second time in my life time I have my period late for that long..as I explained earlier I had small endometrium in the past but it was treatment, that was around 10years ago.; I had unprotected sex lately but I had done two pregnancy tests and the result is negative. I actually would like to get pregnant, when we were having unprotected sex though it was closer to the start of my period and after the ovulation time...

Thanks for the details

This is unusual

As it is already being three weeks so I would suggest to wait one more week

If you still did not have the periods then you should see the doctor

The possible causes could include hormonal imbalance as in polycystic ovarian syndrome,infection,pelvic inflammatory disease and premature ovarian failure

Stress and relocation to a new place can also be responsible for delay

So as in your case if the pregnancy tests are negative you should have an evaluation if did not get the period in a week

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. As you will have read earlier I have not had my period only since last Thursday so 4daya ago not three weeks...my questions is..could it be possible that canasteen pessary affected this change?

Yes this can be due to the pessary or even due to the infection you had

So I don,t think there is anything to worry at all

I expect that you will get it in a week or so