RickD810
RickD810,
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I just wanted to ask if I could have some advice on the skin

I just wanted to ask if I could have some advice on the skin on my face, I suffer with eczema so my face is just very red a lot of the time and i'm really insecure about how it looks. Is there anything I can do about this? I feel too insecure to go without makeup outside the house and it just massively effects my confidence. thank you.
JA: When did eczema first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: since I was born, i've always had eczema, so for the past 19 years. I don't have any medication for it no
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about eczema?
Customer: not since I was a kid as it's really not as bad as it used to be, it isn't painful any more and doesn't cause me any health issues, just effects my confidence so i always felt it was pointless seeking help for it
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no

My name is***** a licensed and practicing doctor.

I am pleased to meet you. Thank you for your question. Please allow me to read the question and I will revert back to you with an answer or further questions that I may need answering to help you.

Have you used any creams for the eczema?

Have you seen your GP?

Does your skin itch or burn?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
in the past i've used aveeno and other kinds of creams meant for eczema which has definitely helped with the dryness and itchiness but i still have a lot of redness
i haven't seen my gp about it as it isn't neccesarily effecting my health in any way it's just my confidence, so i'm not sure they can help me with this? it doesn't itch or burn either
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

do you have any pics?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
my phone is broken so i'm using a computer right now so i can't send any pictures :(

For eczema you need to see your GP who can prescribe hydrocortisone 0.5% cream which will help with the redness.

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response. A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal